Our online pharmacy “Vet Centric” is one of just a handful of veterinary approved pharmacies as they get their products directly from the manufacturer. Please be aware that not all online pharmacies are the same.
Here are a few things you should consider:
- There is a possibility that the prescription drugs received from other vendors may be counterfeit and may not have been approved by the FDA; the vaccines may not have been approved by the USDA; and the pesticides (flea and tick products) may not have been approved by the EPA. This has occurred in the past and could reoccur.
- As the provider of your pet’s care, our medical records keep track of all drugs dispensed by us or our online pharmacy to you. When you purchase your prescriptions elsewhere, our computer tracking system is not activated to print instructions for use or risks of adverse effects or to send reminders for follow-up exams and/or lab tests that may be needed to monitor results or adverse reactions.
- You may not have the prescription drug(s) available soon enough to start your pet’s medications at the optimal time to provide relief for his/her condition.
- When prescription products are purchased elsewhere, our staff members are unavailable to teach you how to administer them.
- The number of tablets or capsules, milligram size of the unit, volume and/or concentration of liquid, and number of authorized refills may differ from that prescribed by the attending doctor.
- Manufacturer rebates that would ordinarily be available for products purchased from this facility generally will not be available.
- The manufacturer’s warranties or guarantees for these products may not be valid. This means if your pet’s condition is not effectively treated with the product(s), manufacturers may not stand behind their products or product liability procedures. Additionally, the owners of and doctors at this facility will be unable to assist you in claims against these manufacturers.
- Vaccines that are shipped through surface carriers and that arrive at your home unrefrigerated may not be effective. Even if you reconstitute the vaccines you receive, you may be unable to administer them properly or may injure yourself or your pet when doing so.
- Due to the fact the vaccines were not administered by a veterinarian, they may not be accepted as valid by kennels, airlines, licensing agencies or veterinary practices.